Helen is recognised by the PAA as a Principal Trainer and has over thirty years experience teaching movement, including Pilates and various forms of dance. Helen is one of Australia’s elite Pilates minds, with a special passion for spine health and assisting clients with scoliosis.
Helen detected that her step daughter had scoliosis and this discovery led to a path of extensive research and training on the topic. Helen now receives referrals from a range of Allied Health Practitioners who have been impressed with the changes she has been able to effect in clients’ bodies.
Helen is the Studio Director at Precision Pilates in Victoria and a faculty educator for National Pilates Training.
SCHEDULE FOR HELEN NEW
SATURDAY, 15 JUNE 2019
- STUDIO DUET: 11.00AM – 12.00PM
- REFORMER MASTERCLASS: 12.00PM – 1.00PM
Helen will be delivering a contemporary Reformer Masterclass, influenced by her passion for movement and extensive experience in the performance and Pilates industries.
PAA: 1 PDP
- MATWORK MASTERCLASS: 1.30PM – 2.30PM
Set to be a unique and enlightening movement experience influenced by Helen’s extensive experience in the performance and Pilates industries.
PAA: 1 PDP
- STUDIO DUET: 3.30PM – 4.30PM
Matwork Masterclass: $55
Reformer Masterclass: $75
Studio Duet: $80
Scoliosis Workshop: $450
SUNDAY, 16 JUNE 2019
WORKSHOP: 8.30AM – 5.00PM
Curvy Bodies: A Deeper Look at Scoliosis Workshop
An exciting opportunity to join Helen New to explore Scoliosis within the Pilates scope.
• enhance your understanding of Scoliosis
• debunk myths surrounding the condition
• discuss the current recommended treatment in the Allied Health and Medical spaces
• explore how we can best utilise Pilates applications in the treatment of Scoliosis
Helen will take us through understanding clients’ Cobb angles and degree of rotation to help us in programming for clients with this condition.
• observe changes in a Scoliotic client at the workshop and have the opportunity to apply hands on cues
• understand how to “unwind” the scoliotic curves through set up and basic breathing techniques
• apply programming strategies
• assess curvature and devise responsive programs
This workshop is appropriate and useful Continuing Education for:
• qualified Pilates instructors
• accredited Exercise Scientists or Exercise Physiologists, and other Allied Health professionals
• PTI Students
PAA: 8 PDP