The spectrum of career change is broad and motivations for trying something new or starting fresh looks different for everyone. Whatever it is driving you to become a Pilates Instructor, PilatesITC has a selection of vocational qualifications (undergraduate and post-graduate) to enrich your potential and propel you forward in your new career direction.
In a world where we’re spoiled for choice, why should you become a Pilates Instructor with PilatesITC?
(Because we said so, plus 10 far more convincing reasons…)
- We offer the original and longest standing Pilates qualifications in the world!
PilatesITC courses and pathways were developed and continue to be Mentored by Sally Anderson, and are today delivered nationally by Directors Suzanne Newby and Frances Cahill, and our National Faculty in NSW, ACT, QLD, TAS and WA.
- Our Courses and Instruction Pathways are accredited.
What does “accredited” mean, anyway?
In practical terms, PilatesITC courses are recognised and endorsed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA): the national regulator for vocational training, in accordance with the VET quality framework. ASQA regulate quality standards, that’s why when you select an accredited course, you enjoy quality assurance.
An important note for those in the depths of researching courses: only Registered Training Organisations can deliver accredited training. So, no RTO number, no accreditation!
Pilates International Training Centre’s RTO No. 40941.
Choosing an accredited course affords other benefits, including:
- No expiry date on your qualification! It’s yours for life.
- The industry’s peak body, the Pilates Alliance Australasia (PAA) recognises accredited training due to quality assurance.
- Qualifications are recognised Australia-wide, and internationally via partnering with international bodies, like the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) in the United States.
- PilatesITC courses can articulate directly into higher education streams.
- Flow on effect to Private Health Funds: although this is currently under threat. Watch this space.
- High-quality qualifications help us to promote and maintain high standards of Pilates instruction in Australia, and around the world!
- Accredited Instructors are inherently more employable (more on this below).
- Students are protected by the quality assurance of the regulating body, ASQA.
- Our qualifications are widely recognised and highly regarded.
Our undergraduate and post-graduate qualifications and Instruction Pathways are recognised by the industry’s peak body, the Pilates Alliance Australasia (PAA); the American Association, the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA), the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and all reputable employers in Australia and internationally.
- Employers prefer our Instructors.
We don’t just teach you a bunch of moves and set you loose on the world: our Instructors are comprehensively trained. PilatesITC courses, as developed by Sally Anderson, deliver a smart and accessible blend of theory and practice, so our students graduate with a sound and well-rounded understanding of the Method, their scope of practice, and where Pilates fits and is most useful in the Allied Health chain.
Our Instructors graduate ready to teach and equipped with the micro and macro-level skills necessary to deliver a targeted, responsive and corrective Pilates experience for clients. Quite simply, we produce Instructors who clients and employers love: they fill classes and retain clients!
- Flexibility: figuratively and metaphorically
PilatesITC Grads can teach in all settings, including but not limited to: Pilates Studios, gyms, in wellness tourism (retreats, clinics, cruises etc), community halls, from home, in a mobile arrangement, for corporates, alongside Allied Health (Physio Clinics), in schools, and more!
We have Grads working across this spectrum and doing amazing things in Australia and around the world!
- We keep things at the cutting edge.
PilatesITC students have access to the most current teacher training applications, delivered by leading Educators in some of the finest facilities in the country. Our teachings honour the essence of Joseph Pilates’ teachings while encouraging them to be informed by contemporary art, science and kinematics; so, our Pilates is modern and multidimensional.
- The best of all (learning) worlds.
Online and off: our flexible and intelligent course design cherry picks the best bits of online and in-person content delivery so our Grads enjoy a supported learning experience.
PilatesITC students have access to a library of online resources and ample opportunities to get hands-on with content in a mentor and peer supported environment through our National Training Locations and Work Experience Affiliated Studios.
When you graduate with us you don’t just walk away with a piece of paper, you take with you a refined and intelligent style of instruction that clients and employers love, and potential to take your career to new heights.
- Our point of difference.
- We connect you with job opportunities.
- We support self-employment.
- Our training is highly regarded and our Grads enjoy a 100% employment rate.
- The learning never ends: our Grads enjoy the best access to higher learning pathways, professional development programs and Mentoring.
- You’ll make long lasting friends and forge valuable relationships that will last your whole career.
- Combo delivery: the best of both worlds, online and off.
- Mentor culture: you’re not out in the wilderness on your own, we’re with you every step of the way.
- All work experience included under our guidance.
- No hidden fees.
- Our courses are comprehensive but achievable.
- Learn to teach in a style that clients LOVE.
- Work anywhere in the WORLD!
- A Movement Mentorship.
We’ve mapped out the end goal: to be a capable, comprehensively trained Pilates professional. But, how do you get there? We believe the best learning outcomes are achieved in a mentor-supported environment: guidance from some of the industry’s finest Pilates bodies and minds goes a long way to ensuring our students’ success!
“The PilatesITC community, across the country, plays a huge role in keeping our students motivated, on-track and enriching their learning experience through Mentoring. It underpins everything we do, and it continues to motivate our PilatesITC family to be the best training centre on the market today!” said Suzanne Newby.
- The perks of the career are many!
Why become an Instructor? Let us count the reasons!
- No two days are the same, it’s never boring.
- Enjoy great income for short shifts.
- Forget being tied to a desk all day!
- Join a healthy, wellness-forward professional culture.
- Rewarding having a positive impact on peoples’ quality of life.
- Work in many different settings: gyms, wellness centres, community centres, wellness tourism, Pilates Studios, alongside Allied Health and more!
- Work all around the world.
- You can fit it in around having a family.
- Teach full-time, part-time or casually around other work.
We are here to support you wherever you are in your Pilates journey: don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Student Support and Administration team if you have any questions or concerns on (08) 9330 4570.
Visit your State or Territory’s Dates + Enrol page for more info, or to make your move and enrol today!