Welcome to PTI: New Look, Same Family
Pilates Fitness Institute (PFI) has been the ‘mother brand’ for a diverse selection of specialist Pilates services including studio and rehabilitative methods, and accredited Instructor training programs (formerly registered as ‘PFI Training’).
While PFI has served us extremely well, the Training arm of the business had outgrown the brand and needed its own in order to really exercise its potential.
So, we bring you: Pilates Training Institute (PTI).
This new brand allows us to evolve our training offering and consolidate our reputation as the leading Registered Training Organisation in Western Australia.
PTI’s new logo was inspired by the Alocasia or Elephant’s Ear: ‘the tree that grows up to the heavens’, a remarkable plant with eastern and western symbolism for seizing opportunities and taking risk.
An explosion of greenery, its elegant and airy leaves are punctuated with thick, white veins that to us, mirror the structure of the human ribcage; a source of structure and protection: hard but soft, supportive yet flexible.
It all comes together to embody hope, renewal and growth: personal and professional, through Pilates.
The PTI family is led by Directors, Pilates Instructors and Training Faculty, Frances Cahill and Suzanne Newby.
Under Frances and Suzanne’s direction, PFI now PTI has developed a reputation for delivering high quality training programs that produce the best and brightest Pilates Instructors in the state. It is the winning combination of business acumen, passion for Pilates, style of practice and a commitment to culture that makes PTI one of the most coveted and inimitable Institutes in WA.
Our culture draws heavily from traditional Pilates values that prioritise quality and consistency in learning, delivered with care, for a community of people.
PTI approaches Pilates as an intelligent discipline and we empower students, Instructors and Faculty alike to seek out growth opportunities, personally and professionally, through mentorship and ongoing education.
Of course, a culture like this begins and ends with passion, and the PTI family will bend over backward, literally and figuratively, to help you get where you need to be.
INTRODUCING FRANCES CAHILL AND SUZANNE NEWBY
Frances has been teaching Pilates since 2005 and completed her Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method, and Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction through the Pilates International Training Centre (PITC) under the mentorship of the legendary Sally Anderson.
She also has a Bachelor of Science (Nutrition) and a Postgraduate Diploma of Dietetics through Curtin University. Frances has a dance background, and loves the Pilates method for its technical focus and transformative power.
Suzanne has a long history in the fitness industry and has been active in Instructor training for over 10 years. She is passionate about holistic biomechanical movement, and has been strongly influenced in this field by Karen Clippinger and Sally Anderson. Suzanne has an Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method from PITC where she too was under the direction of Sally Anderson.
Known as a real pacesetter in WA’s Pilates scene, Suzanne has served on the Pilates Alliance Australasia (PAA) committee and instructs across all training courses offered at PTI.
A dynamic duo, Frances and Suzanne are passionate about training, be it moulding the new generation of Instructors or leading professional development for PFI’s team of professionals.
TRAINING WITH PTI
Pilates Training Institute is a Registered Training Organisation and delivers only specialist Pilates courses with accredited outcomes.
The highest level of Pilates training available in WA today, our Diploma is compatible with higher levels of study (tertiary), meaning our graduates are typically more employable at home and abroad.
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction
- Certificate in Pilates Matwork Instruction
- Certificate in Pilates Matwork and Reformer Instruction
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
PTI has a reputation for delivering world-class Instructor training, with some of the highest exacting standards in the market today. PTI believes that to honour the nature of the discipline and achieve optimal learning outcomes, training should be physically interactive and delivered in a community environment that prioritises a mentorship.
At PTI students learn from the best in a studio environment which allows for greater ‘hands-on’ engagement with theory. It also provides greater exposure to and awareness of the physical-intelligence aspects of the discipline (how to “do” Pilates), and opportunities for students to commit to self-mastery; a crucial element of being an effective Instructor.
The PTI community plays a huge role in keeping our students motivated and on-track with study. We also coordinate students’ work experience hours through Pilates Fitness Institute (PFI), and are well positioned to help graduates secure jobs once accredited.
Our style of Pilates goes a long way to informing what prospective Instructors can reasonably expect from training with us. PTI’s style is defined by:
- Dynamics: we favour well-rounded workouts that build on natural dynamics by prioritising active and sustained movement. To this, dynamics like pace, types of muscle contractions and breathing techniques can be added to challenge and progress practice.
- Progression: technique and progression are key to performance. PTI ensures the learning environment is matched to skill and fitness level to produce best results for the whole community.
- Function: an emphasis on technique. Our style is very specific, all programming approaches are chosen to facilitate precise function.
- Flow: flow informs enjoyment. It describes fluidity of movement that ensures protection of joints, comfort and prolonged muscle connections.
- Communication: our delivery style is unique because it revolves around the ‘why’ and ‘how’. Honed communication skills create Instructors who make their clients feel confident and can progress their practice in a safe and enjoyable way.
- Creativity: ‘think outside the box’; evolving programs ensures ongoing, positive engagement.
- Blend of traditional and contemporary methods: our offering is built on a foundation of traditional Pilates principles, applied in combination with contemporary methodologies, health and lifestyle advice to keep our Instructors at the cutting edge of the industry.
Pilates Training Institute provides the highest quality instruction available today, for more information about training with PTI or to join our family, contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9330 8900.
Final intake for the year is set for September, with 2018 dates to be released soon!